Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 2 Keeping my spirits up

Day 2 August 25, 2011

      Well I made it threw another day. I can't say it's getting much easier yet. Didnt get to talk to him yesterday before work I had doctors in and out of my room all day. I suppose his day went better, he called me again when he got off. No dead people this time, thank goodness i had so many night mares last night of his experience. Not something I revealed to him though. I guess he and I will be developing thicker skin together. That should be good. He's still stressed out though. I can see why just wish there were more I could say over a phone that would make him just an ounce more relaxed.
        Today starts his Day three. then he has a three day weekend, and thankfully he's coming down to see me!!! I can't wait. Sucks we'll be stuck in a hospital all weekend but its much needed for the both of us. I just want to hold him, so he knows that I love him. Thats all we both need at this point just to hold each other, so we can both feel safer for a moment. A few kisses and other stuff doesnt hurt either hehe its been a long time.
       Some day when he finally reads this i know whats gonna be going through his head, I can quote it " you would say that babe"' is what he'll be thinking. but knowing my family and how much they love him, he already discovered this blog. So i need him to know that yea some parts in it are sad but i am not crying, I cry too much. really i do. lol but Im doing this not only to help me cope but also in the hope that it helps just one girl that is starting this same journey down the road some day just like i am. I have been reading a bunch of different blogs and they are all so helpful. probably too helpful my monkey and brother both thought there was something wrong with me last night cause i was handling the situation to well. I love my boys though they care about me.  
        This one is alot more scattered then the last post, and I think its cause im typing what comes to mind which is easier then the last one which took me hours to write. I like to free hand things. Im ditsy and random in talking so why not be in writing right? lol
        oh we have a new family member joining the family, her name is Kiah, she's a german shepard I adopted last night, shes trained in family protection and police action, super friendly girl. It's what Josh (not his real first name just for privacy concerns for him to be comfy) always wanted a german shepard. The lady at the kennel said that it would be good idea to get her now for josh cause the dogs can sense the stress of the LEO and they just have a natural connection that will help him relax. Granted hes going to have to keep up with her training too. It cost a bit but its going to be worth it i think shes really going to be that factor in josh's life that makes him feel safer at work. i mean i know he isnt going to be taking her to work but when hes home, the kennel lady says they will have this bond where the dog will know what josh is going thru because it runs in the dogs life line. Kiah parents and grandparents are all retired law enforcement dogs. The lady explained it as if your parents are painters or farmers then the child will automatacially have a sense of those things. understand? anyways im excited for her
      I'll write again tomorrow after he gets here.
Signed,
Future LEO Wife :)

PS. when things get hard, that just makes you stronger.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment